Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Frank Sinatra and Josephine Baker ATCS


The Challenge for this week"s Artist Studio Challenge Tuesday on Digital Art Quirks is STAMP PEOPLE.

( you can use the above LINK to access the site and see what other DAQ members are posting for it). 

As of today, there are 5 entries.These new digital art challenges there will run every week.

I used a stamp from a letter I had been sent of pop singer Frank Sinatra; who made tons of vinyl records in his day.

To challenge myself I tried to keep it at  only an hour of work...took me 75 minutes; actually... including looking for images on the Net.... a record for me!

Kept to clip-art and vector images.....whatever I typed in and found I used! Fun card!

Last week's Challenge was black and white digital imagery....I submitted 2 - Young Woman's Blues ( for a 3 Muses Wednesday Challenge ) and Storm Rider ( for a Art on the Darkside Challenge ),  previously seen and commented on here.

I think I will be entering these new challenges as much as I can, as they're not only digital ones, but weekly. 

The other image posted is an ATC done for a trade at DAQ this past July. The theme was "WINGS" . The LINK will take you to the page of others in the exchange, and commentary.

I  positioned chanteuse Josephine Baker above her beloved Paris ( by way of a night -shot of Vancouver, BC,Canada )! At her side is a cheetah...standing in for the leopard she supposedly walked aroud the city of light with back in the 1920"s...figure her costume's feathers suggested wings. This is 1 of a variable edition of 6 colours.













1 comment: