What is this about?
February 22, 2011 was New Zealand's Darkest Day. The second largest city, the "Garden City" of Christchurch, suffered a powerful 6.3 magnitude earthquake. Heritage buildings were destroyed, lives were lost and the many were left homeless.
Here you are able to "purchase" original art by a selection of artists, by making a donation to the Red Cross Earthquake fund.
Please watch the linked blogger page - as there is much more art to come in future.
How does this work?
To "purchase" one of these pieces, there are three simple steps:
1. email email@example.com with your name and the number of the piece. It will then be "held" for you.
2. Make a donation to the Red Cross Earthquake fund of $10 or more, make sure you put in an email address for your receipt.
3. Send a copy of your receipt email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your postage details.
The piece will then be sent to you by the original artist.
To donate: http://www.redcross.org.nz/donateIf it doesn't say "christchurch earthquake 2011" you can easily choose it from the drop-box.
So how can you help - as an ARTIST?
1. Donate money and "buy" art
2. Donate your art for people to "buy" - email a scan to lemurkat:
3. Spread the word!
Post the above link to Art for Christchurch on blogs, facebook, forums, anywhere you think people you know are concerned or can help!